- 2 Semesters across 1 year
- Total ECVET Credits 60
- Includes Paid Internships
Job Roles may include
- Kitchen Porter/ Helper
- Commis de Rang/ Waiter
- Commis Chef de Partie/ Kitchen Chef
- Commis de Bar/ Bar tenderer
- Have O Level standard of Education i.e Post-Secondary Level
- Possess good English Language skills in both communication and writing
- If the students English and Academic is lower, then we run risk that VISA will not be allowed.
- On the other hand, students with low level of English writing and communication, will be bound to attend for an English course against additional payment.
- Apply as a mature student, at least 23 years of age by the beginning of the course applying for, and subject to proficiency and/or aptitude tests as per direction of TCTC.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Understand and evaluate theoretical knowledge related to kitchen, bars and restaurant
- Create and maintain good customer and staff relations employing effective methods of communication.
- Comply with legal requirements on safety, health and hygiene
- Acquire the necessary skills in food preparation particularly in an industrial kitchen environment.
- Acquire the necessary skills in food and Beverage Service and be able to professionally operate in a commercial food service outlet environment.
Duration and Delivery
The Certificate is designed to be delivered over one academic year (12 calendar months) including 14-week Paid Internship. Course intakes takes place in January 2021.
Including One academic year (12 calendar months) + 14-week Paid Internship